Infrared Level 1 Thermography
South Dakota Infrared Level 1 Thermography Information
Approved for 60 hours of South Dakota home inspector continuing education credits!
Delivery Method: Online / CD-ROM
Delivery Method: Online / CD-ROM
If you're interested in entering the infrared thermography field and don't have a background in science or engineering, this course is designed for you. An infrared camera is not required to take this comprehensive course, and you don't have to have experience in thermography.
The Infrared Thermographer course starts with an overview of the fundamentals of physics and infrared energy in easily accessible lessons. The American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) has set standards for thermal/infrared testing, and this course has been designed to meet all Level 1 recommendations for these standards. Upon successfully completing and passing the final exam of the course, you will be a Level I Infrared Thermographer Certification and can begin performing thermography inspections. The information you will learn from this course will give you the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to start your infrared thermography career and add it to your existing portfolio of services offered.
PHII is proud to offer one of the few Level 1 Thermography courses that can be completed entirely online at your own pace. Infrared thermography can provide a lucrative source of income, and PHII will help you begin your career by providing outstanding infrared training for an excellent value.
During the course lessons, you will be taught how to make use of an infrared camera for a variety of diagnostic, monitoring, and predictive maintenance applications. Commercial, industrial and building environments are all included in the material and the training is accompanied by numerous examples, embedded videos, and instantly-graded practice exercises and digital flash cards to enable you to become familiar with the concepts.
Among other things, you will learn how to:
- Collect quality data (e.g. accurate temperature readings), and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images
- Avoid the beginner mistakes that can damage your business
- Distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Tackle challenging examples that simulate real-world infrared applications.
Each lesson of the course contains interactive flash cards, embedded video clips, and practice quizzes that will challenge your understanding through instant feedback. Our secure course system records your answers so you can easily track your progress or resume work when you take a break.
Also included in the course is a DVD - playable in a standard DVD player - that takes you step-by-step through a complete infrared property survey. Another DVD is included which contains a guide for jump-starting your infrared business.
To help write your findings in reports to give to your clients, infrared survey report templates are also provided, as well as pre-survey agreement templates. As always, our toll free support is available six days a week to help you get started, even after you've graduated. After you complete the training and have passed the final comprehensive test, you will be a Certified ASNT Level I Thermographer. Using the training you've undergone and the skills you possess, you can get started performing inspections and start a full or part-time infrared business.
This course is provided by the Professional Infrared Training Institute (PITI),
a separate division of our company. Visit the PITI website for full details.
What You Will Master:
- An understanding of how infrared radiation works
- How to accurately measure surface temperature
- Using an infrared camera to its full potential
- Avoiding the pitfalls that affect new thermographers
- How to complete a professional thermal survey
And much more!
Read the Complete Course Objectives
- Course CD-ROM
- Course Manual
- Infrared Survey DVD
- Infrared Business Start-up DVD
- Tracking via the Internet
- Online Course Access
- Survey Templates
- Computerized Flashcards & Testing
- Toll Free Support
- ASNT Level 1 Thermographer Certification
- Free $149 Membership in NAIS, the National Association of Infrared Surveyors.
Click the add to cart button below and proceed to the checkout to get signed up. You will be emailed a username/password to login and begin.